Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Unamused

I'm glad Barry Obama released his birth certificate this morning. For one thing, it puts to rest a very persistent rumor that was, in fact, originally perpetrated by a Democrat during the 2008 election campaign. Bonus points for those who remember who it was.

Secondly, it exposes what a petty and thoughtless human being Barack Obama is. Remember, he said he found the two and a half year odyssey "amusing." Well Mr. Funny Pants, wasting our fucking time with the whole thing wasn't very amusing to me and it shows not in the abstract, but in plain, clear and sharp sight, your incredible lack of disrespect for the American public and the REAL problems we are having that you ALSO fail to acknowledge. I know, I know. . .life is so much easier on the golf course.

I never for once believed that Obama was born outside the United States, however his continuing reluctance to shed light on his very dark and dim past (and spending millions to keep it dark) is troubling. Early on I had to make the assumption that the government has some sort of fail-safe verification structure that will protect the presidency (and this country) from exactly that kind of thing. I had to have faith in that assumption.

Nevertheless, I can't say that Trump won this battle, although in the very least his dogged determination may have been a force in the release of Obama's certificate. But neither is Obama the winner because this whole episode highlights more of his readily apparent disdain for his office, this country and our people.

Fore!

No comments: