Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dum fuk

Where does this entitlement mentality come from?

I mean, I can remember as a child feeling entitled to every toy, widget and gadget I ever laid eyes on, especially if it belonged to my older brother, but then. . .I grew up.  And I learned (via my loving parents) that nothing in life was free and that some things had to be paid for, you had to earn to receive.

Some years ago I remember getting a phone call at home that began with the blaring of a ship's horn and the sound of waves, lapping upon a shore perhaps, gulls shrieking in the background as if to imply a sunny, foreign port of call.  Then a man's voice proudly congratulating me that I have just won a "frrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" vacation!!!!

I had nothing better to do and I went with it.  I let the guy ramble on for fifteen minutes about my "frrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee" vacation and I gave him my necessary personal information to sign up and all was well with my 'frrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee" vacation until I was asked for a credit card number so I could be charged a "nominal processing fee."  About a hundred bucks if I recall properly.  I politely inquired why I was being asked to pay for my "frrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee" vacation if it was in fact "frreeeeeeeee" and he assured me that the vacation was indeed free.  I assured him that if I were paying any money for something that I was told to be "frrreeeeeeeee" then there was no way, no how that it could possibly be "frreeeeeeeeee!"  This back and forth went on for a bit until I grew tired of my quarry and I finalized our transaction by stating that he could take his "frreeeeeeeeeeee" vacation and stick it up his "fffuuuuuuuuuucking assssssshooooooole!"


Anyway, I said all that to say this:  if these dubious dipshits don't have any sense that allows them to understand the basic principle that nothing in life is free then I absolutely fear for the future of this country.  And another thing, considering that education is controlled by another class of entitled people (i.e., unionized teachers) then good luck on getting any blood out of that long shriveled turnip.



No comments: