Thursday, February 16, 2012

Losted the lost losses

I wouldn't want to take away from the sweat equity of the average American automobile worker, but shouldn't the priority be to pay off the taxpayer first, then bonus out your employees?  I mean, after all, every taxpayer in America sacrificed (as Obama likes to champion) a little money here and there to save the entire company.  And with the government still owning a large chunk of the GM pie, you would think that upper management would be interested in getting Uncle Sam out of their back pocket.  Stranger things happen though.

On another note, in a moment of deep thought and clarity the other day whilst I was perusing the non-fat yogurt selection in Kroger I thunked that maybe Barack Obama and his legions of economic advisors are onto something by doling out billions and billions of loans to these solar companies that are going belly up faster that Nicaraguan hookers at a Moose Lodge convention in Managua.  Maybe, just maybe, they need billions, possibly trillions of dollars to just fucking vanish into the black hole of bad business model economics to control inflation.  It's just a thought and I have no further data to back it up.

These are just the kinds of things I think of while purchasing low-fat yogurt.  Sue me.  I'm weird.

No comments: