Friday, October 14, 2011

Image

My dad always said something to me about being only as good as the people I associated with and generally this well-worn speech would coincide with some faulty decision-making on my part.  For example, like the time I was picked up by the cops about 3 in the morning carrying a large diving knife and hanging with two dudes three or four years older.  Looking back I just wanted to be "cool" like them when merely I was just their pawn, the little guy that would do whatever they asked of me.  They led I followed.

The same can be said of adults and people of power and influence.  Exhibit 1A.


I don't know if this is scary, stupid or what. I guess in light of all that has been said and done lately, nothing should surprise me any longer.

And as a side note to the parable above, remind me to tell you about the time the two older guy had me perched in the window of some girl's bedroom trying to wake her and having a stand-off with the family dog. Brainz, brainz, brainz.

No comments: