Thursday, October 13, 2011

99%

Big Brain Campbell has some words for the 99ers:


and as he stated in his email, he's not "too ashamed to hide behind a notebook pad."

His words unedited:

I grew up on a family farm where you were expected to work for the food on your table. I got my first paying job making minimum wage when I was fourteen years old and I thought I was rich. I worked my way through college and got a master’s degree. It is not in Global Management…………………or Creative Writing. My first job out of college I was “underemployed” but I didn’t know it. In fact, I didn’t know that was even a term. I had student loans and paid them off early. I married a great person and we have three wonderful kids who know what individual responsibility is. I did not save enough for college for them so I have taken out student loans, of which I will pay off. I make more money than I thought I ever would, but that doesn’t put me in the top 1 %, or the top 10 % for that matter. We spend less money than we make. We own five vehicles and all of them were paid for with cash. The newest one is a 2004 model. My wife drives a 1996 model because there is nothing wrong with it. Other than the college loans, we will be debt free in less than three years (including my house). I work hard every day because that is what it takes. If I get fired tomorrow I will have a job by the end of the week, even if it is delivering pizzas. On the days I designate not to work, I play hard, too. I eat whatever ice cream is on sale. I do not own anything that Apple (one of the largest corporations in the world) markets. I do not have a tattoo and my hair is it’s natural color. People who hire other people (of which I am one of) like that. It’s called image. For those of you who are protesting about jobs, the United States Armed Services are hiring every day. I am not gloating, I am one of the 99 % (or one of the 50 % that pays taxes).

No comments: